As many ENO schools are located in world cities or in their outskirts we have launched ENO Green Cities Network. We hereby launch the 3rd round. Cities have to fill the following minimum criteria:
- City is committed to offer areas, seedlings and assistance for tree planting (parks, forest areas) for schools every year, at least once in a year. There are two ENO Tree Planting Days annually that fall around 22nd of May and 21st of September.
- City will take care that these areas will be safe and not constructed afterwards.
- City will send a short report on tree planting area annually to ENO Programme.
Cities are also encouraged to take part also to other ENO Campaigns and assist schools. Greenest Cities will get awards.
1st round cities: Cape Town (South Africa), Ljubljana (Slovenia), Taichung (Taiwan)
2nd round cities: OKI (Indonesia), Timisoara (Romania), Espoo (Finland), Sao Paulo (Brasil), Rojas (Argentina), Iligan (Philippines) and Iringa (Tanzania)
MEMBERSHIP IN ENO GREEN CITIES NETWORK
TIME FOR APPLICATIONS
- is applied with an online application
- is free, no fees
- lasts four (4) years from the signature of agreement, also an option for a longer period
- Note: only city administration or representatives are eligible to apply (not teachers directly)
- see the sample document of agreement attached below (pdf)
- 3rd round: 29 June - 31 July 2012
3rd round announcement: 21 Sep 2012